Install a PCIe adapter on the riser assembly
Use this information to install a PCIe adapter on the riser assembly.
Before you install a PCIe adapter on the riser assembly, touch the static-protective package that contains the new PCIe adapter to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new PCIe adapter out of the package.
Depending on the specific type, your PCIe adapter might look different from the illustration in this topic.
Use any documentation that comes with the PCIe adapter and follow those instructions in addition to the instructions in this topic.
To install a PCIe adapter on the riser assembly, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure
A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the riser assembly by grasping its edges and carefully lift it straight up and off the chassis. Then, lay it upside down on a flat, clean, and static-protective surface.
- Locate an appropriate PCIe slot. See Rear view to identify the PCIe slots of your server.
- If the slot is covered with a slot bracket, open the retention latch and remove the slot bracket from the riser assembly. Store the bracket in case that you later remove the PCIe adapter and need the bracket to cover the place.
- Position the PCIe adapter near the PCIe slot. Then, carefully press the PCIe adapter straight into the slot until it is securely seated. Ensure that the PCIe adapter bracket is secured by the riser adapter bracket.Figure 1. Installing a PCIe adapter on the riser assemblyNoteCarefully handle the PCIe adapter by its edges.
- Pivot the retention latch to the closed position to secure the PCIe adapter in position.Figure 2. Pivoting the retention latch to the closed position
- Depending on the type of the PCIe adapter, you might need to connect any required cables. Refer to the documentation that comes with the PCIe adapter for specific information.