Install the rear 2.5-inch drive backplane
Use this information to install the rear 2.5-inch drive backplane.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the rear hot-swap drive cage to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the rear hot-swap drive cage out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Gently press and hold the tab on the rear hot-swap drive cage as shown and remove the air baffle from the rear hot-swap drive cage.Figure 1. Air baffle removal
- Align the rear backplane with the rear hot-swap drive cage and lower it into the rear hot-swap drive cage.Figure 2. Rear backplane installation
- Connect the signal cable and the power cable on the rear backplane.
- Install the air baffle into the rear hot-swap drive cage as shown.Figure 3. Air baffle installation