Install the front I/O module
Use this information to install the front I/O module.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the front I/O module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the front I/O module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the front I/O module.Figure 1. Front I/O module installation
- Insert the front I/O module into the front chassis.
- Install the screws to secure the front I/O module in place.
- Insert the integrated diagnostics panel into the assembly. Ensure that the panel is fully seated into the assembly.Figure 2. Integrated diagnostics panel installation
After you finish
Connect the cables of the front I/O module to the system board. See Front I/O connectors.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.