Install the intrusion switch
Use this information to install the intrusion switch.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new intrusion switch to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new intrusion switch out of the package and place them on a static-protective surface.
- Rotate the fan cage by 90 degrees in the direction shown in the picture.
- Install the intrusion switch onto the fan cage.NoteEnsure that the intrusion switch cable is routed through the cable clip and the pre-cut slot. Otherwise, the cable may slide under the fan cage, the contact surface between the fan cage and the system board may get uneven, and the fan connection may get loose.
- Insert the intrusion switch onto the holder on the fan cage and push it in the direction as shown until it is fully seated.
- Fix the intrusion switch cable into the cable clip.
- Route the cable into the fan cage through the pre-cut slot on the fan cage bottom.
- Insert the intrusion switch connector into the connector keyhole, and move it in the shown direction until it is fully seated.
- Install the fan cage back into the chassis. See Install the system fan cage.
- Install system fans into the fan cage. Install a system fan
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.