Remove the intrusion switch
Use this information to remove the intrusion switch.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- If the server is installed in a rack, extend the server from the rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the fan cage from the system board. See Remove the system fan cage.
- Remove the system fans from the fan cage. See Remove a system fan.
- Remove the intrusion switch assembly from the fan cage. NoteThe blowup in the illustration shows the fan cage upside down.Figure 1. Intrusion switch removal
- Move the intrusion switch connector forward to disengage it from the keyhole.
- Release the intrusion switch cable from the cable clip.
- Slide and pull the intrusion switch to remove it from the holder.
After you finish
Install a new intrusion switch. See Install the intrusion switch.
If you are instructed to return the defective component, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.