Remove a RAID flash power module from the chassis
Use this information to remove a RAID flash power module from the chassis.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module.
- Remove the RAID flash power module.Figure 1. RAID flash power module removal
- Open the retention clip on the supercap holder.
- Take the RAID flash power module out of the holder.
- Remove the supercap holder as shown if necessary.Figure 2. Supercap holder removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the defective component, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.