Remove a RAID flash power module from the middle 2.5-inch drive cage
Use this information to remove a RAID flash power module (also called supercap) from the middle 2.5-inch drive cage.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module.
- Open the drive cage handle.Figure 1. Opening the handle of the middle drive cage
- Remove the RAID flash power module.Figure 2. Removing the RAID flash power module
- Pull out the blue latch on the supercap cover.
- Slide the cover out of the holder.
- Take the RAID flash power module out of the holder.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the defective component, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.