Install a GPU adapter
Follow instructions in this section to install a GPU adapter.
About this task
Depending on the specific type, your GPU adapter might look slightly different from the illustrations in this section.
Follow the additional instructions in any documentation that comes with your GPU adapter.
- Locate the PCIe slot based on the server front view of your configuration. Refer to the following sections for the PCIe slot numbering and supported GPU configurations:
- (Optional) If a GPU adapter link bridge is to be installed, remove the link connector cover from the GPU. Keep the link connector cover in case it is needed in the future.NoteDepending on the configuration, there may be one or three GPU adapter link bridges on the GPU. When linking a GPU pair, all link connectors on the GPUs must be linked.Figure 1. Removing the link connector cover from the GPU
- Install the GPU adapter.NoteIf the PCIe slot is covered with a slot bracket, remove the bracket from the chassis first.Figure 2. Installing a GPU adapter
- Align the GPU adapter with the PCIe slot on the chassis. Then, carefully press both ends of the GPU adapter straight into the slot until it is securely seated.NoteMake sure that the rear end of each adapter is inserted into the slot next to the two imprinted arrows on the chassis.
- Fasten the GPU adapter retention screw.
- Connect the GPU adapter power cable to the GPU adapter. Refer to the GPU adapter and system board GPU power connector mapping table. For more details on GPU power connectors on system board, see System-board connectors.
Table 1. GPU adapter and system board GPU power connector mapping table Item Numbering
System board GPU power connector 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
- Align the GPU adapter with the PCIe slot on the chassis. Then, carefully press both ends of the GPU adapter straight into the slot until it is securely seated.