Remove the EDSFF drive backplane
Follow instructions in this section to remove the EDSFF drive backplane.
About this task
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove all EDSFF hot-swap drives and drive bay fillers (if any) from the drive bays. See Remove an EDSFF hot-swap drive. Place the drives on a static protective surface.
- Disconnect the power and signal cables from the EDSFF drive backplane.
- Remove the EDSFF drive cage assembly. See Remove the EDSFF drive cage assembly.
- Unfasten the two screws to remove the drive backplane from the drive cage.Figure 1. Removing the EDSFF drive backplane
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.