Install the system fan cage
Use this information to install the system fan cage.
To install the system fan cage, complete the following steps:
- Align both sides of the system fan cage with the corresponding mounting posts in the chassis. Then, press the system fan cage straight down into the chassis.
- Tighten the captive screws that are located in fan bays 2 and 4.
- Install the system fans in fan bay 2 and fan bay 4. See Install a system fan.
- Route the system fan cage cable through the right cable routing trough. See Fan cage cable routing for information about cable routing.NoteThe power cable should be the topmost cable routed through the cable routing trough.Figure 2. Fan power cable routing through right cable routing trough
- If you are replacing the system fan cage, plug in the six connectors on the system fan cage cable to the six connectors on the system board. Make sure that you match the number on the cable with the connector on the system board.Figure 3. Location of the system fan cage connectors
If you replaced the system fan cage (including the connection of the fan cage cables to the connectors on the system board), install the drive cage. See Install the drive cage.
Install the air baffle. See Install the air baffle.
Install the top cover. See Install the top cover.
Push up on the latches on the slide rails and push the server back into the rack.
Tighten the two captive screws located on the front of the server to secure the server in the rack.NoteAlways secure the system in the rack if your are moving the rack.
Connect all cables to the ports on the front of the server, including the management port, if necessary, and all PCIe adapter ports. The management port and PCIe adapter ports are located in the I/O expansion cage.
Connect power cords to both power supplies, which are located at the rear of the server.