Install the fixed power supply
Follow instructions in this section to install the fixed power supply.
About this task
- S001DANGERdangerElectrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
Figure 1. Fixed power supply label on the cover
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
The following tips describe the information that you must consider when you install a power supply with dc input.
NEVER CONNECT AND DISCONNECT THE POWER SUPPLY CABLE AND EQUIPMENT WHILE YOUR EQUIPMENT IS POWERED ON WITH DC SUPPLY (hot-plugging). Otherwise you may damage the equipment and result in data loss, the damages and losses result from incorrect operation of the equipment will not be covered by the manufacturers’ warranty.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Align the tabs on the fixed power supply bracket with the corresponding holes on the chassis.
- Pivot the fixed power supply bracket in until it snaps into place.Figure 2. Installing a fixed power supply bracket
- Install a fixed power supply.
Figure 3. Installing a fixed power supply
- Slide the fixed power supply into the bay until it snaps into place. Make sure the four screw holes in the fixed power supply are aligned with the corresponding holes in the rear of the chassis.
- Install the four screws to secure the fixed power supply in place.
After this task is completed
Connect all cables on the fixed power supply to corresponding connectors on the system board. See Fixed power supply.
Connect the power cable to the power supply and a properly grounded electrical outlet.
Power on the server. Ensure that both the power input LED and the power output LED on the power supply are lit, indicating that the power supply is operating properly.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.