Adjust the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter
Follow instructions in this section to adjust the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Before adjusting the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter, locate the correct keyhole that the retainer should be installed into to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive to be installed.NoteThe M.2 boot adapter might be different from the following illustrations, but the adjustment method is the same.
- Adjust the retainer on the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 1. Adjusting the M.2 retainer
- Press both sides of the retainers.
- Move the retainer forward until it is in the large opening of the keyhole.
- Take the retainer out of the keyhole.
- Insert the retainer into the correct keyhole to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive to be installed.
- Press both sides of the retainer.
- Slide the retainer backwards until it is seated in place.