Remove an M.2 drive
Follow instructions in this section to remove an M.2 drive.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- Remove the server cover (see Remove the server cover).
- Remove an M.2 drive.
Figure 1. Removing an M.2 drive
- Press both sides of the retainers.
- Slide the retainer backwards to loosen the M.2 drive from the M.2 boot adapter.
- Pivot the M.2 drive away from the M.2 boot adapter.
- Pull the M.2 drive away from the connector at an angle.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.