Install the server cover
Follow this procedure to install the server cover.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
About this task
Ensure that all adapters and other components are installed and seated correctly, and that you have not left loose tools or parts inside the server.
Ensure that all internal cables are correctly routed, see Internal cable routing for more information.
If you are installing a new server cover, attach the service label to the inside of the new server cover if necessary.NoteA new server cover comes without a service label attached. If you need a service label, order it together with the new server cover. The service label is free of charge.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- (Optional) Install the cage bar.
- Insert the tabs on cage bar to the slots on the rear side of the chassis.
- Align the tabs on the other end of the cage bar to the slots on the front side of the chassis, and rotate the cage bar toward the front of the chassis until the cage bar is secured in place.Figure 1. Installing the cage bar
- Install the serve cover.
- Align the server cover to the slots on the side of the chassis. Ensure that all the tabs on the cover align are engaged with chassis properly; then, slide the cover towards the front bezel until it snaps in place.
- Use a screwdriver to fasten the two screws to secure the cover to the chassis.Figure 2. Installing the server cover
Proceed to complete the parts replacement, see Complete the parts replacement.