Install the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly
Use this information to install the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.
About this task
- Do not remove the covers. Removing the covers of the laser product could result in exposure to hazardous laser radiation. There are no serviceable parts inside the device.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- If necessary, remove the cover of the drive bay filler from the front bezel.Figure 1. Drive bay filler cover removal
- Push the tab on the front bezel to release the cover of the drive bay filler.
- Remove the cover of the drive bay filler as shown.
- If necessary, remove the drive bay filler out of the chassis.Figure 2. Drive bay filler removal
- Install the slim optical drive into the adapter.Figure 3. Installing slim optical drive into the drive bay adapter
- Slide the slim optical drive into the adapter.
- Secure the slim optical drive with two screws.
- Hold the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly in the correct orientation; then, slide it into the drive bay until it snaps into position.Figure 4. Optical drive installation
- Connect the power cable and the signal cable to the rear of the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly. For more information about the cable routing. See Optical drive cable routing.