Remove the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly
Use this information to remove the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.
About this task
- Do not remove the covers. Removing the covers of the laser product could result in exposure to hazardous laser radiation. There are no serviceable parts inside the device.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Disconnect every cable from the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.
- Remove the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.Figure 1. 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly removal
- Press and hold the release tab.
- Carefully pull the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly at the same time to remove it from the chassis.
- Remove the slim optical drive out from the adapter.Figure 2. Removing slim optical drive from the drive bay adapter
- Remove the two screws that secure the slim optical drive.
- Slide the slim optical drive out from the adapter.
After you finish
- Install a new slim optical drive or install a filler to cover the drive bay. See Install the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly. To install a filler, complete the following steps:
Insert the filler to the vacant drive bay.Figure 3. Drive bay filler installation
Install the cover of the drive bay filler to the front bezel. Then, install the front bezel to the chassis.Figure 4. Drive bay filler cover installation
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.