Remove a 3.5-inch simple-swap drive backplate
Use this information to remove a 3.5-inch simple-swap drive backplate.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
If foot stands are installed on the server, rotate them inwards and lay the server on its side for easier operation.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the server cover. See Remove the server cover.
- Remove all the flash power modules. See Remove a flash power module.
- Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
- Remove all the full-length GPU adapters. See Remove a full-length GPU adapter.
- Remove all the fans. See Remove a hot-swap fan.
- Remove the fan cage. See Remove the fan cage assembly.
- Remove all installed simple-swap drives and drive bay fillers (if any) from the drive bays. See Remove a simple-swap drive.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the system board.
- Remove the backplate.Figure 1. Removal of the 3.5-inch hot-swap drive backplate
- Open the plunger that secures the backplate.
- Slightly slide the backplate as shown to disengage it from the drive cage; then, remove the backplate from the drive cage.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.