Remove the optical drive cage
Use this information to remove the optical drive cage.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the server cover. See Remove the server cover.
- Remove the security door. See Remove the security door.
- Remove the front bezel. See Remove the front bezel.
- Remove all installed optical drives, tape drives, and fillers (if any) from the optical drive cage. See Remove an optical drive or a tape drive and Remove the 5.25-inch drive bay adapter assembly.
- Remove the optical drive cage.Figure 1. Optical drive cage removal
- Lift and hold the blue retention tab.
- Carefully pull the optical drive cage at the same time to slide it out of the opening in the chassis.
After you finish
Install an expansion drive cage or an optical drive cage. See Install the expansion drive cage or Install the optical drive cage.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.