Remove the power distribution board cover
Use this information to remove the power distribution board cover.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
If foot stands are installed on the server, rotate them inwards and lay the server on its side for easier operation.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the hot-swap redundant power supply. See Remove a hot-swap power supply.
- Remove the server cover. See Remove the server cover.
- Remove all the flash power modules. See Remove a flash power module.
- Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
- Remove all the PCIe adapters. See Remove a PCIe adapter.
- Remove all the full-length GPU adapters. See Remove a full-length GPU adapter.
- Remove all the fans. See Remove a hot-swap fan.
- Remove the fan cage. See Remove the fan cage assembly.
- Remove the system board. See Remove the system board.
- Remove the power distribution board cover.Figure 1. Power distribution board cover removal
- Loosen the captive screw.
- Remove the power distribution board cover in the direction as shown.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.