Replacing a 2-bay compute node
Use these instructions to install a 2-bay compute node in the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis. You can install a compute node while the chassis is powered on.
Before you install a compute node into the chassis, complete the following steps:
- Verify that the compute node is compatible with the chassis. See the Lenovo ServerProven website.
- Read the instructions that come with the compute node.
- Make sure that you have installed any optional hardware devices in the compute node.
This procedure assumes that you are replacing an existing
compute node in the same node bays. If you are installing a new compute node, see Installing components.
To install a 2-bay compute node, complete the following steps:
- Remove the airborne contaminant filter assembly bezel, if one is installed (see Removing the airborne contaminant filter assembly).NoteRemove only the airborne contaminant filter assembly bezel. You do not need to remove the filter assembly mounting brackets in order to install a
- Remove the node bay fillers, if they are installed. Push the filler release tab to the right; then, grasp the filler by the slot and pull it out of the bay.
- Remove the chassis shelf, if one is installed (see Removing a chassis shelf).
- Open both release handles (rotate the left handle to the left and rotate the right handle to the right).
- Slide the compute node into the node bays until it is seated.
- Close both release handles.
After you install the compute node, complete the following steps:
- Make a note of the compute node identification information on the labels that come with the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis. Place a label on the node label tab. See User labels for more information.ImportantDo not place the label on the
compute node or in any way block the ventilation holes on the chassis.
- Replace the airborne contaminant filter assembly bezel (see Replacing the airborne contaminant filter assembly).