Install the EIOM
Use this information to install the EIOM.
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the compute node).
Disengage all the compute nodes from the enclosure.
If the cable management arm is installed, remove it (see Remove the cable management arm).
Remove the shuttle (see Remove the shuttle) and place it on the stable work surface.
Complete the following steps to install the EIOM.
- A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
- Grasp the EIOM and align the four EIOM tabs with the slots in the shuttle; then, lower the EIOM into the slots.
For 10GbE cage (SFP+) modelFigure 1. EIOM installation
For 10GBASE-T cage (RJ-45) modelFigure 2. EIOM installation
For EIOM fillerFigure 3. EIOM filler removal
- Pull the EIOM slightly towards the rear side of the shuttle.
- Connect required cables to the EIOM. (Skip this step for the EIOM filler)
- Turn the thumbscrews clockwise.
After you install the EIOM, complete the following steps:
Reinstall the shuttle (see Install the shuttle).
If the cable management arm is removed, install it (see Install the cable management arm).
Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
Push all compute nodes back into the enclosure (see Install a compute node in the enclosure).
Turn on all compute nodes.