Remove a PCIe adapter
Use this information to remove a PCIe adapter.
About this task
Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Figure 1. PCIe adapter removal
- Make preparations for this task.
- Turn off the corresponding compute node on which you are going to perform the task.
- Remove the compute node from the enclosure (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
- Remove the components listed below from the compute node in the following order:
Node front cover (see Remove the node front cover).
Front air baffle (see Remove the front air baffle).
PCIe riser assembly (see Remove the PCIe riser assembly).
- Remove the screw; then, grasp the adapter by its edges and carefully pull it out of the PCIe riser-cage.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all of the packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.