Remove a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-6)
Use this information to remove a PCIe riser assembly with ConnectX-6 adapter.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray from the enclosure. See Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
- Remove the tray cover. See Remove the tray cover.
- For shared I/O or socket direct configurations, disconnect the cable from the system board. See Internal cable routing.
- If a heatpipe beam is installed, remove the screw that secures the heatpipe beam and remove it.Figure 1. Heatpipe beam removal
- Loosen the PCIe riser assembly.
Figure 2. Clamp bracket captive screw removal
- Loosen the captive screw on the PCIe riser assembly.
- Loosen the captive screw on the clamp bracket and remove it.
- Remove the screw that secures the riser assembly.
- Carefully grasp the PCIe riser-cage assembly by its edges and remove it out of the node.Figure 3. PCIe riser assembly removal
- If necessary, remove the hex standoff screw and the two Torx T10 screws that secure the interface plate; then, remove the interface plate.Figure 4. Interface plate removal
- If necessary, install the blank bezel fillers.Figure 5. Blank bezel filler installation
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
If you need to disassemble the PCIe riser assembly, follow the instructions below:
You can only disassemble a PCIe riser assembly for recycle. Do not disassemble it for any other purposes.
Remove the two screws, then, separate the expansion board from the cage.Figure 6. Expansion board removal
Recycle the unit in compliance with local regulations.