Remove an M.2 drive
Use this information to remove an M.2 drive.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray from the enclosure. See Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
- Remove the tray cover. See Remove the tray cover.
- Remove the cross braces. See Remove the cross braces.
- Remove the M.2 backplane assembly. See Remove the M.2 backplane assembly.
- Remove the M.2 drive.
Figure 1. M.2 drive removal
- Remove the screw securing the M.2 drive.
- Rotate the M.2 drive away from the M.2 backplane assembly at an angle (approximately 30 degrees).
- Pull the M.2 drive away from the connector on the M.2 backplane assembly.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.