Remove the M.2 backplane assembly
Use this information to remove the M.2 backplane assembly.
About this task
Make sure you have the M.2 Putty pad kit in hand to properly replace the component.
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Disconnect the cable from the system board.Figure 1. M.2 backplane assembly cable removal
- Remove the M.2 backplane assembly.
Figure 2. M.2 backplane assembly removal
- Remove the six screws.
- Remove the M.2 backplane assembly out from the node.
- Disconnect the cable from the M.2 backplane assembly.
- (Optional) If you are removing the water loop, remove the M.2 backplane cold plate.
Figure 3. Removing the M.2 backplane cold plate removal
- Unfasten the two screws.
- Remove the M.2 backplane cold plate from the processor cold plate.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
Loosen the two screws.
Carefully lift the M.2 board out of the M.2 bracket.Figure 4. Disassembling M.2 backplane assembly
Recycle the unit in compliance with local regulations.