Remove the dust filter
See this topic to learn how to remove the dust filter.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work with safety.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the security bezel (see Remove the security bezel).
- Remove the dust filter.Figure 1. Removing the dust filter
NoteFor optimal server operation, make sure to install a replacement dust filter to the server.
- Press the release latch.
- Rotate the dust filter away from the security bezel.
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit of dust filler (see Install the dust filter).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.