Remove the drive cage
Use this information to remove the drive cage.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis. See Remove the compute node from chassis.
Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
- Make preparations for your compute node.
- Remove the compute node cover. See Remove the compute node cover.
- Remove drives or drive bay filler. See:Attention
Only touch and hold the EDSFF drive handle when removing EDSFF drive from the compute node. EDSFF drive may be damaged if you touch parts other than the handle before the EDSFF drive is completely removed out of the compute node.
- If present, remove the RAID adapter. See Remove the RAID adapter.
- Remove the drive backplane. See:
- Remove the front bezel. See Remove the front bezel.
- If present, remove the EDSFF drive cage. See Remove the EDSFF drive cage.
- Using a T10 Torx screwdriver, remove the four screws from the cage and rotate the cage from under the compute node front panel; then, remove the cage from the compute node at an angle.Figure 1. Removing the drive cage
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.