Remove the adapter-retention assembly
Use this information to remove the adapter-retention assembly.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis (see Remove the compute node from the chassis).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover).
The adapter-retention assembly consists of 12 separate parts. You can replace only the parts that you choose and save the unused parts for future use.
To remove the adapter-retention assembly, complete the following steps:
- Remove the air baffle (see Remove the air baffle ).
- If necessary, remove the I/O expansion adapters (seeRemove an I/O expansion adapter).
- Carefully place the compute node on its side, making sure the protruding part of the handle is at the top.AttentionIf you place the compute node on its side, with the protruding part of the handle at the bottom, the compute node will not be stable and might fall over.
- Using a T10 Torx screwdriver, remove the screws that secure each part of the adapter-retention assembly that you are removing. NoteAll adapter-attention assembly parts are shown. Replace the parts that are needed and save the unused parts for future use.
- Lift each part of the adapter-retention assembly that you are removing from the system board.
- Carefully return the node to the bottom-side-down orientation.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.