Remove the front handle
Use this information to remove the front handle.
Before you remove the front handle, complete the following steps:
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- If the compute node is installed in a chassis, remove it (see Remove a compute node for instructions).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface with the cover side down, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
To remove the front handle, complete the following steps:
Figure 1. Front handle removal
- Carefully place the compute node in the up-side-down orientation.
- Locate the screw that attaches the handle to the compute node.
- Using a T15 Torx screwdriver, remove the screw from the front handle and save the screw in a safe place. Use the same screw when you install a front handle.
- Remove the other handle (if necessary) in a similar manner.
- Carefully return the compute node to the bottom-side-down orientation.
If you are instructed to return the front handle, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.