Remove the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter
Use this information to remove the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove any components that may impede access to the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
- Disconnect all cables from the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter.
- Press the release tab to release the connector.
- Disengage the connector from the cable socket.NoteFailing to release the tab before removing the cables will damage the cable sockets on the system board. Any damage to the cable sockets might require replacing the system board.Figure 1. Disconnecting cables
- Lift the release pin, slightly slide the internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter as shown, and carefully lift it out of the chassis.Figure 2. Internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old internal CFF HBA/RAID adapter, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.