Remove the rack latches
Use this information to remove the rack latches.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- If the server is installed with the security bezel, remove it first. See Remove the security bezel.
- Use a flat-blade screwdriver to remove the ID label plate on the right rack latch and place it in a safe place.Figure 1. ID label plate removal
- On each side of the server, remove the two screws that secure the rack latch.Figure 2. Rack latch screws removal
- On each side of the server, remove the rack latch from the chassis as shown.Figure 3. Rack latch removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old rack latches, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.