Install the RAID super capacitor module on the air baffle
Use this information to install the RAID super capacitor module on the air baffle.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the RAID super capacitor module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the RAID super capacitor module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Check the installation rules for super capacitors. See PCIe slots and configurations.
- Install the RAID super capacitor module on the air baffle.Figure 1. Installation of the RAID super capacitor module on the air baffle
- Open the retention clip on the holder.
- Put the RAID super capacitor module into the air baffle and press it down to secure it into the air baffle.