Install the 7mm drive cage
Use this information to install the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- (Optional) Hook the securing clip over the riser adapter on the riser cage.Figure 1. 7mm drive cage securing clip installation
- Install the 7mm drive cage to the riser cage.Figure 2. 7mm drive cage installation
- Align the left-side pin on the 7mm drive cage with the positioning slot on the securing clip, the two holes on the side brackets of the 7mm drive cage with the two holes on the front of the riser cage.
- Install the two screws to secure the 7mm drive cage in place.
- Install the 7mm riser assembly to the riser slot on the system board. Figure 3. Riser assembly installation
- Align the riser assembly with the slot on the system board, lower and insert the riser into the riser slot.
- Tighten the screw to secure the riser assembly in place.
- Connect the cables from the backplanes to the system board. See 7mm drives.
After you finish
Reinstall all the drives and fillers (if any) into the drive bays. See Install a hot-swap drive.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.