Remove the air baffle
Use this information to remove the air baffle.
About this task
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If there is a RAID flash power module installed on the air baffle, disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module first.
- If there is an M.2 drive installed on the air baffler, disconnect M.2 backplane cables from the system board.
- If there is a GPU installed on the air baffle, remove the GPU first. See Remove a GPU adapter.
- Grasp the air baffle and carefully lift it out of the server. NoteThe illustrated air baffle is the standard air baffle. The removal procedure is the same for the GPU air baffle. For more information, see
Remove a GPU adapter.Figure 1. Air baffle removal
- (Optional) Remove the standard air baffler filler from the standard air baffle.Figure 2. Air baffle filler removal
After you finish
For proper cooling and airflow, install the air baffle before you turn on the server. Operating the server without the air baffle might damage server components.