Install the 7mm drive backplanes
Use this information to install the 7mm drive backplanes.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Connect the cables to the backplanes. See Internal cable routing.
- Install the 7mm drive backplane at the bottom.Figure 1. 7mm drive backplane installation (bottom)
- Align the notch at edge of the backplane with the pin on the cage, and slightly slide the backplane into the cage until it is fully seated.
- Install the screw to secure it.
- Install the 7mm drive backplane on the top.Figure 2. 7mm drive backplane installation (top)
- Align the holes in the backplane with the holes on the cage, and put the backplane down onto the cage.
- Install the two screws to secure the backplane in place.