Install the 7mm drive cage
Use this information to install the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- (Only for the 2FH+7mm SSD riser cage) Hook the securing clip over the riser adapter on the riser cage.Figure 1. 7mm drive cage securing clip installation
- (Only for the 2FH+7mm SSD riser cage) Install the 7mm drive cage to the riser cage.Figure 2. 7mm drive cage installation
- Align the left-side pin on the 7mm drive cage with the positioning slot on the securing clip, the two holes on the side brackets of the 7mm drive cage with the two holes on the front of the riser cage.
- Install the two screws to secure the 7mm drive cage in place.
- Install the 7mm riser assembly to the chassis.
2FH+7mm SSD riser cageFigure 3. 2FH+7mm SSD riser cage installation
- Align the riser assembly with the slot on the system board assembly, lower and insert the riser into the riser slot.
- Tighten the screw to secure the riser assembly in place.
- 7mm SSD riser cageFigure 4. 7mm SSD riser cage installation
- Connect the cables from the backplanes to the system board assembly. See Internal cable routing.