Install a hot-swap drive
Follow instructions in this section to install a hot-swap drive.
About this task
For a list of supported drives, see Lenovo ServerProven website.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SR665 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the drive in the drive bay.
- Ensure that the drive tray handle is in the open position. Slide the drive into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Close the drive tray handle to lock the drive in place.
2.5-inch hot-swap drive
3.5-inch hot-swap drive
- Check the drive status LED to verify that the drive is operating correctly.
If the yellow drive status LED is lit continuously, that drive is faulty and must be replaced.
If the green drive activity LED is flashing, the drive is being accessed
- Continue to install additional hot-swap drives if necessary.
After you finish
Reinstall the security bezel if you have removed it. See Install the security bezel.
Use the Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager to configure the RAID if necessary. See Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager portal page.
If you have installed U.3 NVMe drives on a 2.5-inch AnyBay 8-bay backplane for Tri-mode, enable U.3 x1 mode for the selected drive slots on the backplane through the XCC Web GUI. See U.3 NVMe drive can be detected in NVMe connection, but cannot be detected in Tri-mode.