Install the 7mm drive cage(3-slot)
Use this information to install the 7mm drive cage(two full-height slots + one 7mm cage).
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
A video for this task is available at YouTube
- Take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Prepare your server.
Power off the server.
Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
Record and disconnect any cables. See Internal cable routing.
Remove any components that are impeding the procedure.
Install any components that are required before installing or removing the component(s).
- Install the two 7mm backplanes to the 7mm drive cage.
- Hook the securing clip over the riser adapter on the riser cage.Figure 1. 7mm drive cage securing clip installation
- Install the 7mm drive cage to the riser cage.Figure 2. 7mm drive cage installation
- Align the left-side pin on the 7mm drive cage with the positioning slot on the securing clip, the two holes on the side brackets of the 7mm drive cage with the two holes on the front of the riser cage.
- Install the two screws to secure the 7mm drive cage in place.
- Install the 7mm drive assembly on the system board. Figure 3. 7mm drive cage installation
- Connect any cables from the 7mm drive backplanes. See 7mm drives.
After you finish
Reinstall all the drives and fillers (if any) into the drive bays. See Install a hot-swap drive.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.