Remove the top cover
Use this information to remove the top cover.
About this task
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
- If the server is installed in a rack, remove the server from the rack. See the Rack Installation Guide that comes with the rail kit for your server.
- Remove the top cover. AttentionHandle the top cover carefully. Dropping the top cover with the cover latch open might damage the cover latch.Figure 1. Top cover removal
- Use a screwdriver to turn the cover lock to the unlocked position as shown.
- Press the release button on the cover latch and then fully open the cover latch.
- Slide the top cover to the rear until it is disengaged from the chassis. Then, lift the top cover off the chassis and place the top cover on a flat clean surface.