Install a riser 3 assembly
Use this information to install a riser 3 assembly.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
A video for this task is available at YouTube
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new riser card to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new riser card out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the riser card to the riser bracket. See Install a riser card.
- Install PCIe adapters. See Install a PCIe adapter.
- Check the rearwall matrix and decide which rearwall brackets need to be installed or removed for installing your riser assemblies. See Install the rearwall brackets and Install a C1/C2 rearwall bracket (right)
- Install a riser 3 assembly.Figure 1. Riser 3 assembly installation
- Align the securing clip at the end of the riser cage with the pin on the rear chassis, the pin on the right side of the riser cage with the pin slot on the C1 rearwall bracket. Carefully put down the riser 3 assembly until it is securely seated.
After you finish
Refer to Internal cable routing to connect any cables to the PCIe adapters.