Remove the intrusion switch
Follow instructions in this section to remove the intrusion switch.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the rear PCIe riser 2 if applicable. See Remove a PCIe riser.
- Remove the intrusion switch.
- Disconnect the intrusion switch cable from the system board.
- Remove the intrusion switch cable from the three cable clips on the outside of the PSU bays.
- Pull the intrusion switch out of the intrusion switch bracket.Figure 1. Removing the intrusion switch
After you finish
Install a replacement unit. See Install the intrusion switch.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.