Install a PCIe adapter
Follow instructions in this section to install a PCIe adapter.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Open the retention latch on the PCIe riser.
- Install the PCIe adapter.
- Insert the PCIe adapter into the PCIe riser.
- Fasten the screw to secure the PCIe adapter to the PCIe riser.
- Close the retention latch.Figure 1. Installing a PCIe adapter
After you finish
Connect the required cables.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.