Remove the operator panel
Use this information to remove the operator panel.
Power off the server. See Power off the server.
Disconnect power cords from both power supplies, which are located in the rear of the server.
Record the location of the cables in the front of the PCIe adapters that are installed in the I/O expansion cage at the front of the server, and disconnect the cables.
Disconnect the management port cable from the management port in the I/O expansion cage, if necessary.
Loosen the two captive screws located on the front of the server. If necessary, use a P2 screwdriver to loosen the screws.
Pull the server forward until the slide rails click into place.
Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
Remove the system fan cage. See Remove the system fan cage.NoteYou do not need to completely remove the fan cable assembly from the system fan cage. Instead, after removing the system fan cage, temporarily place it on the drive cage to get the system fan cage out of the way.
Remove the I/O expansion cage. See Remove the I/O expansion cage.
To remove the operator panel, complete the following steps:
- Rotate the I/O expansion cage so that the screw for the expansion cage cover is facing up; then, carefully remove the P1 screw for the I/O expansion cage cover.
- Rotate the I/O expansion cage so that the expansion cage cover is facing up and lift the expansion cage cover to expose the operator panel cable, management port cable, and the PCIe adapters.
- Disconnect the operator panel power cable from the operator panel.NoteIf you need to replace the operator panel cable, you will also need to remove the drive cage:
See Remove the drive cage for information about removing the drive cage.
See I/O expansion cage cable routing for information about cable routing.
- Use your finger to disengage the tab that is on the underside of the operator information panel (in the middle).
- Slide the operator information panel back away from the front of the I/O expansion cage.