Install a 2.5-inch drive into a 3.5-inch drive bay
Follow instructions in this section to install a 2.5-inch drive into a 3.5-inch drive bay.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Position the 2.5-inch drive into the 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch drive adapter.Figure 1. Positioning the 2.5-inch drive into the drive adapter
- Align the two screw holes in the drive with the corresponding holes in the drive adapter; then, secure the drive to the drive adapter with the two screws. Figure 2. Installing the screws to secure the drive to the drive adapter
- Locate the drive bay to install the drive tray.
- Align the screw holes on the drive adapter and the drive with the corresponding holes in the tray; then, secure the drive adapter and the drive into the tray with the five screws.Figure 3. Installing the screws to secure the drive adapter and the drive to the drive tray
- Slide the tray into the drive bay from the front until it snaps into place, and then completely close the handle.