Remove the M.2 boot adapter
Follow instructions in this section to remove the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the PCIe adapter that secures the M.2 boot adapter from the chassis.
Figure 1. Removing the PCIe adapter that secures the M.2 boot adapter
- Open the retaining clip as shown in the illustration.
- Grasp the PCIe adapter by its edges, and carefully pull it out of the slot.
- Disconnect the power and signal cables from the M.2 boot adapter.
Figure 2. Disconnecting the power and signal cables
- Loosen the screw that secures the power and signal cables to the M.2 boot adapter.
- Disconnect all the cables.
- Remove the M.2 boot adapter.
Figure 3. Removing the M.2 boot adapter
- Remove the screw that secures the M.2 boot adapter to the PCIe adapter.
- Loosen the captive screw on the M.2 boot adapter.
- Slightly slide the M.2 boot adapter as illustrated and carefully separate it from the PCIe adapter.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.