Install the front panel
Follow this procedure to install the front panel.
The power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the front panel.
- There is a small tab on the right side of the front panel. Place the tab behind the front panel slot on the chassis.
- Align the guide hole and screw hole on the front panel with the guide pin and screw slot on the chassis; then, install the front panel to the chassis.NoteMake sure the small tab on the right side of the front panel is placed behind the chassis.Figure 1. Installing front panel to chassis
- Fasten the screw to secure the front panel to the chassis.Figure 2. Securing front panel to the chassis
- Connect the power button cable to the system board, see Internal cable routing.
Reinstall the front bezel, see Install the front bezel.
Proceed to complete the parts replacement, see Complete the parts replacement.