Remove the front panel
Follow this procedure to remove the front panel.
About this task
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, see Power off the server.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack. See Remove the server from the rails.
Remove any locking device that secures the server, such as a Kensington lock or a padlock.
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for this task.
- Disconnect the power button cable from the system board.Figure 1. Disconnecting the power button from the system board
- Remove the screw the secures the front bezel to the chassis.Figure 2. Removing the screw the secures the front bezel to the chassis
- Remove the front panel.
- Rotate the left end of the front panel away from the chassis.
- Remove the front panel from the chassis.Figure 3. Removing front panel from the chassis
Install a new front panel, see Install the front panel.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.