Install the thermal sensor
Follow this procedure to install the thermal sensor.
About this task
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the thermal sensor.
- From the inside of the chassis, attach the end of the thermal sensor to the corresponding slot on the front of the chassis.
- From inside of the chassis, push the thermal sensor into the slot.
- Make sure the thermal sensor is secured in place.Figure 1. Installing the thermal sensor
- Connect the thermal sensor cable to the system board. To locate the connector on the system board, see Internal cable routing.Figure 2. Connecting the thermal sensor cable
If an M.2 drive was removed, reinstall the M.2 drive, see Install an M.2 drive.NoteThe thermal sensor cable should be placed under the M.2 drive.
Reinstall the front fan, see Install the fan (front and rear).
Reinstall the front bezel, see Install the front bezel.
Proceed to complete the parts replacement, see Complete the parts replacement.