Install the front panel board assembly
Use this information to install the front panel board assembly.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Route the cables through the corresponding hole in the chassis.
- Install the front panel board assembly.Figure 1. Front panel board assembly installation
- Align the tab on the top side of the front panel board assembly with the side of the corresponding hole in the chassis.
- Pivot the front panel board assembly in until it snaps into position.
- Carefully route the cable from the secured front panel along the cable clips and connect the cables to the corresponding connectors on the system board. See Front panel cable routing.
After you finish
Reinstall the front bezel. See Install the front bezel.
Reinstall the security door. See Install the security door.
Reinstall the fan cage. See Install the fan cage assembly.
Reinstall all the fans. See Install a hot-swap fan.
Reinstall all the full-length GPU adapters. See Install a full-length GPU adapter.
Reinstall the air baffle. See Install the air baffle.
Reinstall all the flash power modules. See Install a flash power module.
Reinstall the server cover. See Install the server cover.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.