Removing the CD/DVD cable
Use this information to remove a CD/DVD cable.
To remove the CD/DVD cable, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins in Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server (see Turning off the server) and all attached peripheral devices. Disconnect all power cords; then, disconnect all external cables from the server.
- Remove the top cover (see Removing the server top cover).
- Remove the air baffle (see Removing the air baffle).
- Remove the CD/DVD drive (see Removing a CD/DVD drive).
- From the front of the server, grasp the cable connector latch and pull it up toward the rear of the server; then, slide the cable connector to the unlock position.Figure 1. CD/DVD drive cable removing
- Remove the cable from the optical drive cage connector.
- Disconnect the other end of the CD/DVD cable from the connector on the system board.
- Disengage the cable clips and remove the CD/DVD cable from the server.
- If you are instructed to return the CD/DVD cable, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.